Alexander R. Szalkai, Q.C.
Alexander Szalkai joined the McTague Law Firm in 1970 and became a partner in 1974. Mr. Szalkai was Chair of the Partnership until 2009 when he retired as a partner and continues his very active practice with the firm, as Senior Counsel in the Litigation Department. Mr. Szalkai was granted the designation of Queen’s Counsel (Q.C.) by HRH Queen Elizabeth II in 1983.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Municipal Defence
- Personal Injury Claims
- Professional Malpractice Defence (Legal, Dental and Engineers)
- Products Liability
- School Board Defence
- University of Western Ontario, LL.B., 1967; admitted to the Ontario Bar, 1969
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- The Advocates’ Society
- Essex Law Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
Community Interests and Recognition
- Lecturer at Bar Admission Course, University of Windsor
Awards and Recognition
- In January 2010, Mr. Szalkai was peer review rated by Martindale-Hubbell and was awarded a rating of “AV Preeminent – The Highest Possible Rating in both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards.”
- Mr. Szalkai was recognized in 2006 by the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association as a leader of the Defence Personal Injury Bar at its Celebration of the Personal Injury Bar annual event.